Friday, August 31, 2012

Stranger to My Eyes

A couple of weekends back, I was out and about at a friend's birthday party and made a new friend who knew pretty much nothing about me except that my name was Dasha (you know, pre me changing my name to the Turkish spelling Daşa), I sing, and I recorded a song "Stranger to My Eyes" in 2004 that this person used to have on a playlist. Then my long time friends Irina and Igor both reminisced about this song and how they would play it often. In fact, once I got a text message from Igor (from Alabama) that he was blasting the song in his house and his roommate came down to join in on the chorus. Oh, life is funny. So are my friends.

So here it is in all it's glory. See, I think the beginning sounds like Russian restaurant music but that doesn't mean it's bad, right? Right!

Background story: It was 2004, I was 17 years old. I was sitting in my room, livin' life, when a young man walked into it and said "Hi". Apparently we went to the same secondary school. I thought he had nice eyes. I wrote a song. It's a shame it's not this easy anymore! So many songs would have been written about eyes, lips, soft skin, and beards.


5 comments:

  1. "Stranger to my eyes" vs "I've kissed stranger lips" vs "Soft skinned stranger" vs "You're a stranger, I'm your beard"

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do I hear the other song you made with the crazy hair in the video??!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://lalachachamusic.blogspot.com/2011/10/little-betty-video.html

      Delete
  3. I like!
    "You're a stranger, I'm your beard" this song must be written :)

    ReplyDelete