Saturday, February 4, 2017

Heaven On Their Minds (cover)

It's been four years since I've written anything on here! Obviously this blog is more for myself, but hot damn that's a bit disappointing! I would say that in the last 4 years I have written 3 or 4 full songs - that's why the radio silence.

Never fear! Jesus Christ Superstar is here!

My family and friends have been forced to be aware of my passion (obsession) with the rock-opera Jesus Christ Superstar. Some of them have been forced and brainwashed to watch it with me. This love is hereditary as my dad was possibly more obsessed with the score back in the U.S.S.R. and learned to slay it on the keys from listening to the vinyl on repeat. All the teenage girls loved him! For his 60th birthday I recruited a great keyboard player (David Farrell Melton) to help me record "Heaven On Their Minds"! This is my favorite song on the record, but also one of my top 5 favorite songs of all time. Additionally, my dad and I have had many any evening when he played the keys and I sang the song in our house, so it is a bit sentimental as well.

So I wanted to share it with you because I am super proud of it! And because I want to spread the Jesus Christ Superstar fever!





And a video of the recording, if you are so inclined to watch:

No comments:

Post a Comment