Thursday, July 19, 2012

Hello, Dolly!

I set some goals and have begun to work on the first one - a Soundcloud page with songs in order of how they were written. This first one was not written by me, but I did sing it everywhere 4th, 5th, and 6th grade. It defines an era of my life.


In the studio actin' a fool.

My dad (who looks like a Hasidic Jew for some reason) was my  manager basically.  His birthday at Astoria restaurant where I worked. 1996...1997...1998 somewhere in those years.

Me in maybe 5th grade with the guy from the Goonies. I didn't know who he was then. I still haven't seen the movie.
Singin' at the Brighton Beach annual summer fair.

Hello Dolly!

Hello Dolly! (People thought I was a boy because I cut my hair short).  4th grade for realz.






In other news, I unearthed sooo many unfinished songs I wrote/tried to write since the year 2000 (that's 12 years of material) that is overwhelming...and kind of hilarious.

Progress!

2 comments:

  1. You are so freaking cute! I am so happy you posted your recording of Hello Dolly! I LOVE listening to you sing that song! I am so impressed by you my friend and can't wait to hear more from you! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your vote of confidence! I need it to get back in the game. I just gotta do this for myself, you know? Get back in touch with that side. I miss it!

      Delete